Monday, June 18, 2012

Cooking for a Crowd: Pulled Pork Sandwiches

 I have a short list of recipes for cooking for larger groups.  For company, I like to be able to make ahead and serve buffet-style.  Topping the list is Pulled Pork Sandwiches.  Sometimes people are a little leery, but once they have them,...it's true love.  I made them this weekend for Father's Day, and as usual, the recipe is requested.  And nothing could be easier.



Pulled Pork Sandwiches

1 Pork Tenderloin
1 two liter of Root Beer (not diet)
1 jar of your favorite BBQ sauce (Salt Lick for us)

Place the Pork Tenderloin in the crock pot and cover with Root Beer.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  Drain, fork to shred and add BBQ sauce.  How easy is that?  I serve with Hawaiian Rolls, sliced pickles and have guests make their own mini sandwiches.  My secret ingredient is the Salt Lick BBQ sauce.  It's a local BBQ place here in Austin and their sauce is sweet and heavenly.  It is available at the grocery store here, or you can order it online.

I served it with the Pinterest Corn on the Cob that is floating around right now.  That is my new favorite way to cook corn.  It definitely lived up to the hype.  You could also serve with baked beans, potato salad or cole slaw.  Even the kids are big fans.  So pull out the crock pot and order some Salt Lick.

3 comments:

  1. I use the same recipe!! (although I may have to order that sauce)!
    I also load it with this slaw: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/california-cole-slaw/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to ship you some Salt Lick BBQ Sauce up. It's amazing! But it should be for 22g of fat per tablespoon.

      Delete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs