Friday, January 20, 2012

Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair.

If there is one thing Caroline knows, it's what she wants and she doesn't waiver.  Caroline has wanted a Rapunzel Birthday Party for six months, so Rapunzel is what she got.  It was actually a very fun theme for me, and I had plenty of time to plan since she never changed her mind. (Like my son who went from Mario to Star Wars to Rio...really, BIRDS...all in a month's time)

Also, it was my first time to use Pinterest in the planning process.  Hallelujah!  Wow, does that make it easier to organize my ideas and tutorials.  I knew I wanted to focus on the sun banners, Rapunzel's long hair and the magic golden flower.  So our color palette was light purple, dark purple, light pink and yellow.

I wanted a statement before you entered the house.  I wanted it to seem as if you were entering Rapunzel's Tower.  Luckily, the front of our house resembles a tower, so I had to take advantage of it.  With a string of lights and 20 yards of gold tulle, we created Rapunzel's golden braid and hung it from the second story.  


I added posters of Flynn Rider and Paper Lanterns made from paper bags.  They were super simple to make thanks to my friend, Martha.  The sun was cut using my Silhouette SD and the trace function with this image.


From Pinterest, I saw a party using twisted crepe paper to create a backdrop.  I used this concept in shades of purple behind the dessert table and Rapunzel's photo wall.  It creates an amazing effect at an even better price.  $1.99 per roll and it took one roll of each color, so a whopping $3.98.


Everyone needs a picture with their favorite princess. 


The cake pedestals were made from candlestick and melamine plates painted a deep purple.  The cupcakes were decorated with grass icing and artificial flowers.  Each princess received a purple whirly pop as a gift to take home.


Caroline was very surprised by Rapunzel's visit, but I must say that what three year old girls enjoy most at a party is coloring.


In the end, I think all the princesses had a good time.  They sure were cute all dressed as their favorite princesses.  






1 comment:

  1. I love the idea with the "hair" out the window! Great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs